Highlights and Merits of the Pipeline Leakage and Shock Detection System
When there is a leak, every second counts.
The proposed detection system is the most advanced and fully proven leakage and/or shock detection system.
This unique Pipeline Leakage and/or Shock Detection System is based on:
- It can be installed on existing or new, above ground and underground pipelines, as long as they are made of steel pipes.
- It can detect leakages on any liquid or gas pipelines, of what ever media.
- In installing approx every 15 km one sensor on a pipeline (depending on the operating media pressure in the pipeline),
the leakage can be detected with a precision in the area of approx 100 m along the pipeline, holes/cracks of minimum 5 mm openings
and all in real-time surveyance from one -or for operator conveniences several- control rooms.
- A reference pipeline detection system of 450 km, carrying ethylene in France, is now for two years in successful operation in the TotalFinaElf Group -at Atochem -.
The main advantages and merits
- accoustic detection by specific sensors installed on the pipeline
- leakage and/or shock location detection by GPS system by time difference
- a specifically developed computer system analysing the noise as well as the time and thereby indicating the location and the size of the leakage and/or shock and its hole/crack.
of this acoustic detection system are summarized hereunder :
The applications and uses of this detection system are multiple :
- Impact leakage and/or shock detection and localization
- Direct detection
- Possible operation with different fluids (any gas, any liquid)
- Long range detection and localization capabilities (up to 50 Km between two sensors in some cases)
- Excellent accuracy for leakage localization
- Very quick, real time detection
- Detection of small diameter leakages (minimum 5 mm)
- Easy installation of the leakage detection system
- Use of anti explosion certified sensors
- Low maintenance.
- Economic: Clean up, Material losses, Theft, Public Relation, Insurance Cover Requirements
- Operational Safety: for the personnel and for installations
- Environmental Protection
- Catastrophe Prevention.
The above summarises the content of the herebelow Technical Presentation
in which the detection system, the detection equipment as well as the
to download our “Technical Presentation LDS” documentation.